"I used to think that running an organization was equivalent to conducting a symphony orchestra. But I don't think that's quite it; it's more like jazz. There is more improvisation."
Author, Pioneer of Leadership Studies
Understanding and embracing models of shared and horizontal leadership can lead to organizational gains such as: creative problem-solving, strategic alignment, shared responsibility and accountability, replicable standards of team interaction, and heightened workforce engagement. JLP aims for improvements in:
• Team Motivation and Team Interaction
• Interpersonal Behavior
• Change Management
• Listening Skills
• Clarity of Roles and Responsibilities
• Application of Leadership Levels and Styles
• Team Collaboration and Communication
In a safe, creative environment, participants experience small group interplay via engaging activities which model the open and interdependent interaction of jazz ensembles whose members support and challenge one another, resulting in mutual growth and development.
• On-boarding of New Personnel
• Leadership Training and Development
• Team-Building and Team Development
• Career and Staff Development
• Manager and Executive Retreats
• Mergers and Acquisition Transitions
• Project Management
• Personal Growth and Development
• Diversity and Inclusion Training
"A manager with a well-developed mindset orientation will have a knack for recombining the skills and assets of their organization in new ways in the same way that a jazz improviser recombines notes."
Author, Imagine it Forward:
Courage, Creativity and the Power of Change